Monday 4 October 2010

Another football

week dawns with both Berwick teams drawing 22 at the weekend. I say both teams because if you know me you'll be aware of my interest in East of Scotland football so I am happy to see our reserves in that league starting to put a wee run together. Their draw at Kelso on Saturday sees them unbeaten in four and more importantly the first in that four that they haven't actually won. They do appear to be getting on track after such a short time when effectively a new team were formed. The recent Scottish Cup results may have cast some doubt on the quality in the league and unfortunately I have to add that there's also a wee bit lacking in two things I consider to be basics of any team in any league that purports to be organised and in many ways professionally run. Any idea? Well I'll tell you, a match programme and an active web site. Of our 7 opponents thus far in the East of Scotland league 2 don't have any site and 3 have not issued a programme for our game at their place. I won't name names, they know who they are but it's just a tad disappointing as neither require rocket science and both are so important.