Tuesday 21 September 2010

Those of

you that know me or read these ramblings occasionally will be aware of my association with the Berwick Trust and as such I never tire about banging the ubiquities trust drum and I've just read another example of our ethos. The guy at Dundee FC whose been bank rolling them looks like he may sever his relation with the club. Cue the ringing of bells of the panic variety and much gnashing of teeth on Tayside and I won't say......well I won't but it's always liable to happen. The dilemma they now have, to maintain the status quo at least, is where to find the necessary finance. I know, going back to Trusts, that Dundee have a large and active Trust, what can they do? Time will tell, but I don't know, maybe now is the time to start considering other alternatives. One thing I will say again is that it's deeply, deeply unhealthy for a community asset like a football club to be owned, and therefore at the ever changing whim, of one individual.