Wednesday 5 December 2007

Kevin Davison

I haven't really spoken about Kevin Davison yet. By all accounts he had a solid enough debut at Brechin on Saturday, getting on the score sheet too. Hopefully he can dig in and ensure that he is on the team sheet each week. He certainly has the pedigree, coming from Division One leaders Hamilton.

He only had a couple of sub appearances to his name at New Douglas Park, with competition for places proving quite tough. He had signed from Gretna last July, after helping their reserve side to the Reserve League West title. Apart from that, he never started a first team game at Raydale.


He spoke to the press after last Saturday's match:
"That was my first ever start in a league match in Scotland and I capped it with a goal. I'm a Geordie boy and I began my career at Gretna but never began a game for them. Then I went to Hamilton but never got a start for them, although I was a sub a few times. It was great to start today and getting a goal was an added bonus."

Hopefully we are going to start turning the corner now, with players coming back and the promise of a couple of new faces in the January transfer window. We need points though - and fast.

No comments: