Thursday 22 April 2010

Heard today

about the volcano like reaction to a reference made in last Saturdays match report from the Livingston Berwick game. The match report was the one in the Berwick Advertiser today and apparently the Daily Ranger, itself a bastion of accurate football reporting, made mention of it the other day, the same report having been on our club site since the start of the week. Apparently the alarm was raised by those in charge at Almondvale over this piece of heinous reporting, and if those in charge at Hampden can get their snouts out of the trough any time soon they will give it a serious look. To what do I refer I hear you ask. Well, in the match report the atmosphere during the game and after the final whistle, given they had just won the league, was described as being "as flat as a witches tit! Now, given that I was at the game I can tell you it wasn't as good as that. I remember more atmosphere in ma granny's hoose, and she was tea total and hated anyone under 75 and noise! A serious matter indeed and if I can stop smiling anytime soon I'll give it the due deference it deserves. There, done it, that's all its getting from me and I'm still laughing......