Wednesday 28 April 2010

Been having

a wee pore over things fiscal today, old news really but I didn't look at it much when it came out, last week I think. It concerns our friends at Fratton Park and the situation they're in. Their debt has come in at something like £200 million, yes £200 million. That's akin to the national debt of some African countries, and that from a club that regularly fail to get 20000 into their ground. Apparently they spent......wait for it...192% of income on players wages. Ye, I know I had to think about it as well! They were basically spending twice as much as they were earning on their players wages alone, and that before they looked at any other wages or bills. Remember to they made 300 odd of the plebs redundant a while back. One particular point that astonished me, more than the rest I mean was £1.96 million owed to agents. I ask you... Just who was responsible for this debt building up and what will be done about them? How about nowt I'd say but no matter Portsmouth are still playing and the players are still being paid, even if nobody else is.