Sunday 15 August 2010

I'm still

re running yesterdays game over and over again. What a great way to kick of your home season. Pity there were only 409 there and I know there was no help with "away" fans. Someone thought they spotted one in the stand, but "hens teeth" was the phrase that stood out for me. No matter, but wouldn't it be great if we could be getting 6 700 inside Shielfield again. Will we ever get it again? I'd imagine that maybe Clyde might bring the most fans this season. It does help, and not just from the fiscal side, it actually makes a difference inside the ground, the bit where the clubs administrators rarely stray but are able to view through their glass fronted haven. The new reserve side almost started their season yesterday at Eyemouth. I say almost because an injury to one of the home players required the intervention of the air ambulance which resulted in the game being cancelled. The lad will be ok I'm told but was kept in hospital over night. They'll try again to get their season under way on Wednesday night at Shielfield against Leith.