Wednesday 11 August 2010

By all

accounts last night was a much improved performance against a Thistle side which failed to impress. Remember the score from last years game, albeit in a different tournament, was 5-1. We must view this, with the supporting evidence, as further evidence of improvement. It all augers well for this seasons league campaign and personally my hopes remain on the high side. One thing I've yet to mention from my holiday, which was to Brugge incidentally, was our visit to Club Brugge v St Truiden on Saturday night. The home side ran out comfortable 4-1 winners in front of a near full house. Best I can find out after talking to those at the ground was the crowd was in the region of 25000. Interesting again, although I've been there before, and remember this is their first division, we only paid 20 Euros for an excellent seat four rows from the front almost mid way down one side. Britain's top flight greedy clubs take note......