Sunday 18 July 2010

Welcome back
Game 1
Berwick 1-1 Raith Rivers


to my seasonal blog, right and proper to start after my first game of the season yesterday at Shielfield against the Rovers from Kirkcaldy. We made our way to Shielfield after a busy Trust meeting at the Pilot where we got through a load of business on an afternoon in Berwick that was cloudy, sunny and windy all in equal parts. There were one or two Rovers fans there which was nice to see and would put a couple of quid into the club coffers but, on matters fiscal, £8 to get in, to dear for me. I know the club have the expense of staging the game, not least the payment required for the officials but two or three quid less would have been more reasonable. And £2.20 for a tray (whatever happened to a poke?) of chips, not for me mind, but that's any early season warning for yours truly.
The game, there was one, was actually ok from a black & gold point of view if you take out the comical goal we gifted them. Better now that in a few weeks time though. For me Andy Mclean was strong at the back and impressed. I've not been at the first two games but was in no way unhappy with what I witnessed yesterday. Onto tomorrow night now, will there be any "names" on show from the Stadium of Light?