Tuesday 27 July 2010

Well the

draw has been made and for the third time in four seasons we've drawn Partick Thistle at Firhill. The previous two have been a Challenge Cup 2nd round tie in 07/08 and last year a League Cup 1st round tie. Kind of funny really after going nigh on a generation where we hadn't played them we now can't avoid them. From what I said yesterday this is probably the tie we'd want, crowd wise and cheque back to Shielfield wise. I like Firhill as a ground, real sort of "fitba grund". On the subject of crowds its interesting that our three home friendlies netted barely 1000 punters. Lesson to be learned, maybe, I'm not aware of the expectation re total attendances but personally I was hoping for more. Would we have been better with almost 2000 paying half price at the gate, to what was actually charged? twice as many people equals twice as many programmes, 5050 tickets, food sales. Not a lot I know ten how about better atmosphere?