Sunday 19 July 2009

On reflection

I was fairly happy with what I saw at Shielfield yesterday. No matter the opposition or the occasion a win is always good for morale. I'm well aware of the opposition, the fact it was a friendly but I'm sure the manager took a lot from what he saw yesterday. The lad that played number 10 from Leith Athletic was the EOS First Division top scorer last season so he knows the way to goal, is he worth a punt? I would, but we'll see if the manager will as well. Two more signings as well yesterday. The boy Russell looks to be of some pedigree. Apparently he was on trial at Morton who wanted him but couldn't finance the deal, their lose could certainly be our gain. The more I read on him the more surprised I am that he has dropped into our division, great stuff though.