Saturday 4 July 2009

Game 1
Vale of Leithen 2-1 Annan Athletic

Well, I'm of and running. Went over to Innerleithen for my first game of the season today and dambed pleasant it was as well. Vale scored all the goals their own two in the first few minutes of each half. Not much between the sides for this early encounter but all present enjoyed the afternoon under the sun at Victoria Park. They very generously didn't charge at the gate and produced a 16 page programme asking only a donation. Well done to Vale.
Crowd 107.
That's me starting my 40th season watching Berwick and football in general so I thought I'd try a bit nonsense and chart how many miles I travel this season and how much I actually spend doing it. I'm going to record travelling expense getting to matches, entrance fee and whatever I actually spend in the ground. I'm going to list my Berwick games separately as an extra matter of interest.
To kick off it's 107 miles and £7.40

No comments: