Monday 29 March 2010

Game 36
Gretna 2-0 Vale of Leithen

Visited Albert Park in Hawick yesterday for the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup Final, you know the one where the winners play us in the City Cup. I thought I maybe had been there before, couldn't really remember but got to say I was quite impressed. They may not be the greatest team around but they have all the makings of a real football ground. The game it's self was fairly even apart from the last 10-15 minutes when Gretna took their chances. You may have seen it mentioned in today's Daily Ranger but there was a wee "stramash" in and around the tunnel involving various bodies, it was something and nothing but it's typical of that particular publication that in their few lines describing the incident they said it played out before the crowd of just over 500. As is usually the case when I go to these games I take a few minutes out and do a head count, have a look at the end for what I got to!
Got to say well done to Hawick for hosting a successful final and both teams, they are both still fighting for promotion and could both still be playing each other in next seasons EOS Premier Division.
Attendance (head count) 186, see what I mean!
Running Totals
Overall 4335.5 £853.23
BR 2359.4 £468.47