Thursday 18 March 2010

Game 34
Vitesse Arnhem 0-1 SC Heerenveen


Our last game on Sunday afternoon took place in Arnhem where we witnessed a truly horrendous game in windy and cold conditions. After the game we made our way back round to the car and as we came round to the front of the stadium we bumped into a fans protest. You know the type, not much more than posturing and a few raised voices. We hung around for a wee look and I wandered to the front and took a couple of photos of the goings on. Within seconds this menacing Dutch guy approached me and asked why I was taking photos. I told him I was just a visitor, as four or five of his mates also appeared, but he became rather insistent that I delete the pictures. When it became obvious to him that I was a foreigner, or maybe it was the noise from my knees knocking ,he backed of and I made my escape. I can only presume they thought I was an undercover cop! We stayed in Arnhem that night and had an enjoyable meal and a few beers and I managed to keep out of my mates way!
Running totals
Overall totals 3941.9 miles £806.51
BR Totals 2053.2 miles £437.81