Sunday 17 May 2009


Wee bit of history

Was made at City Park Edinburgh yesterday when Spartans played their last game at the grand old ground. They start their next season at the brand new facility across the road at East Pilton. They infact, strictly speaking were my local club when I stay quite close to their ground for a while in the 80's. I was a fairly regular visitor then when they shard the ground with Craigroyston. Glad to see them progressing, infact the way some clubs are placed right now they shouldn't give up hope. Had an enjoyable day, apart from the score, a few seasons ago when we played them in the Scottish Cup up there.
Some who know me are aware I have an ongoing project on Duns FC and I was lucky enough yesterday to be loaned some invaluable documents and photo's from the son of the long time secretary. This will help put some meat on various bones I have unearthed already.

No comments: