Saturday 23 May 2009

Footy fest

I'm enjoying the last big weekend of televised football. Watched the FA Youth Cup Final 1st leg last night, good performance by Arsenal and unlike their first team they appear to have some young Englishmen in their side. It said that of the 22 on show 15 were eligible to play for England. If that's true it must be good news for the FA. English Premier League sides as a whole take note. The 4th division play off was on this afternoon plus the bottom of the Scottish Premier League, Inverness are down. Tomorrow there's more on with the big drop from the English Premier League to be decided. Our north east neighbours are all involved, who do you want to survive or go down? I know who I do......
As I write Steny and Cowden are still at it, come on the Warriers, plus Spartans won the East of Scotland League, well done to them even although they still haven't sent me a programme.

No comments: