Tuesday 28 April 2009

City Cup......or not
Anyone who knows me is aware that I am enthusiastic of this grand old institution. As has become the case in more recent times last years final has been played, this season. Then, when scanning the East of Scotland website, I noticed that this years final is down to be played next month at Shielfield, and I thought great, we'll actually get up to date at long last. However, there appears to be some doubt, its also on the Welfare website as well by the way. The one anomaly in the situation however is the fact that the Shielfield players contract's expire before the proposed final date.
What I'm unclear on is this, and it's only a presumption, is that was this agreed by someone from Shielfield? I've not seen, nor heard any comment from our side, but there does appear to be a bit of clearing up to be done. There may well be a perfectly straight forward answer......we'll see.

No comments: