Thursday 6 May 2010

Courtesy of

our local paper a question I asked the other day has been answered. That of just exactly who has now signed for next season. If your like me and lost track here's whose on board so far, and I have to say its a refreshing change to have this many tied up less than a week after the end of the season. Goalkeeper Mark Peat, Defenders Jamie Ewart and Andy McLean, midfielders Stevie Notman and Paul Currie and captain Stuart Callaghan, plus of course Alan Brazil and Fraser McLaren. So we have eight tied up already, who else do you hope we get sorted. I'd take a punt on Jay Shields. I know we need more height but I'd make an exception in his case.
On the play off front it looks like it might be an all Angus final after last nights results. Which off course is a good thing for both the clubs and more importantly great for the fans. Should be two reasonable crowds and both clubs picking up a useful cheque. Got to say last nights crowds were really disappointing, for all the play off games. Remember our crowd when we played Arbroath?