Thursday 4 June 2009

Another Cup Draw

The League Cup draw for next season was made today and sends us to Partick Thistle in Glasgow. Its our second away draw on the trot for next season and certainly much better than the other one. I always like to get someone who is not in our league, given that we already play them 4 times, and enjoy going to different grounds. Mind you, its been less than two years since we were last there, on the 4th of September 07 to be precise. I've got to admit it's one of these grounds I like going to, a real football ground if you like. It's also the only ground I've been to with Berwick who had a real life commissionaire at their rather grand main door! When I was a "laddie" Partick were always one of THE teams so to speak and really cemented that in 1971 when they"humped" Celtic in the League Cup final.
Anybody remember the Magyars of Maryhill?

No comments: