Tuesday 3 November 2009

You may

remember a few days ago I highlighted a stat I had found on the BBC site and posed the question whether it may be right. Well DucketBlog regular Kevin McCormack done some digging and I thought I'd share Kevin's findings with you. He goes on to say......

Hi Colin

Great find that statistic... took me a while to find that section on the BBC, I certainly never check there.

I've had a look back though,

The last 0-0 - I was there - I remember Kevin Haynes being sent off. It was home v Elgin City, 7th April 2007, as things got nervy ahead of winning the title 2 games later.

I think the Stat only concerns league games

So if you take the 3 games after 7th April and 36 games in 07/08, 36 games in 08/09, in neither season did we have a defence good enough to hold out for 0-0 most of the time (!), and then 11 league games this season... you get 86. Amazing. In truth it is a few more - 5 cup games in 07/08, 3 last year and 3 this year so far gets up to 97 games - nearly 100! Got to be worth some press coverage.

Great stuff Kevin that certainly puts some meat on that particular bone.