Monday 16 November 2009

On a

day of no Black & Gold news I thought I'd share a wee story with you. I've mentioned my book about Duns FC before, it's almost ready by the way, but I got an email request for two copies. As I've been doing I asked the lad how he heard about it and here's a wee bit of his reply "Thank you for the email,I help to run the programme shop at York City and a supporter from Alloa brought some Alloa programmes in for exchange and the advert was in the Alloa v Clyde programme" I had actually sent an email to every club Duns played against and Duns had played Alloa in the Scottish Cup in the 50's. No one from Alloa had told me they intended to put an ad in their programme, but thanks to then for doing it. In a very round about way it's got me a couple more sales. Ain't things strange sometimes......