Sunday 25 October 2009

Missed my

wee report yesterday due to a combination of attending our cup tie and preparing to move house tomorrow.
GAME 24
CIVIL SERVICE STROLLERS 1-2 BERWICK
Went up to Muirhouse yesterday for our second round tie with the Strollers. Bit of a jaunt back for me this given that I used to spend time at the Civil Service Sports Club during my time in the service I also renewed an acquaintance from that time when I caught up, or rather he did with me, with an old colleague from my Leith days who now holds the lofty position of Vice-president at the Strollers, great talking to you again Russ. The game itself was a struggle with a win much celebrated with us all feeling thank god for that, whose next in the draw then? Apparently it's to be this Wednesday. Good to see Paul McMullan back he certainly made a difference when he came on. Hoping now for a beatable team in the next round. One thing I don't want if another of the survivors from our division.
Overall totals 2185.8 miles £477.43
BR Totals 1338.1 miles £322.56