Thursday 29 January 2009

Next up Shire

Still taking in the changes at our club. I think now is a real chance to influence positive change and give the people that really matter in the game, the fans, an opportunity to play a meaningful part. Living in a country as we do built on democracy its always amused me that the world of football is based on something entirely different. Can you feel the wind of change?

As I normally do at this time of the week, or at least am getting back into the habit of doing, I look towards Saturdays game. The score thus far stands at one win each against the Shire, how about this time? I 've always thought that Shire are one of the few teams that people don't have a real grudge against and in the "old days" used to really enjoy a trip to Firs Park and their social club. Unfortunately for travelling fans now neither exists although as far as I know the ground is still there.

After four wins and three defeats we could do to even that up on Saturday. No matter, biggest decision before then is where to go for a pre match pint!

No comments: